Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Makes about 4 1/2 dozen
1/2 cup butter
6 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Sifted confectioners’ sugar
1. In a medium bowl, combine butter and chocolate. Microwave on High in 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until chocolate is melted and smooth, about 1 minute total. Let cool for 5 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine cooled chocolate mixture, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined.
3. In another medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, beating until combined. Cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap; chill dough for 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
5. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in confectioners’ sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes. Let cool on pans for 2 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers.