Calla Lily Tea Sandwiches
Write a review
- 1 (5.2-ounce) package garlic-and-herbs cheese, softened
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 48 slices white bread
- 2 carrots, peeled
- Garnish: green onions
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, cream cheese, walnuts, cayenne pepper, and pepper. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until creamy.
- Using a 2 1/2-inch cutter, cut 48 rounds from bread. With a rolling pin, roll each bread round to a 1/8-inch thickness.
- Spread approximately 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture onto each bread round. Sprinkle center with paprika, and fold bottom of prepared bread round over, pinching end to seal.
- Cut small pieces of carrot, and place in center of each sandwich for flower stamen. Garnish with green onion tops to form stems, if desired.
- Makes 4 dozen.
Southern Lady Magazine http://www.southernladymagazine.com/