Mini Ham and Mushroom Quiche
Makes 2 dozen
1 (15-ounce) box refrigerated pie crusts
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups finely chopped baby portobello mushrooms
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
2 teaspoons minced garlic
6 large eggs
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
1 teaspoon dry mustard
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup finely chopped ham
1 1/2 cups finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Spray 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. On a lightly floured surface, unroll crusts. Using a 3 1/2-inch round cutter, cut 12 circles from each pie crust; reroll scraps as needed. Press crusts into the bottom and up the sides of each cup of muffin pan.
3. In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook for 6 minutes, or until liquid is evaporated and vegetables are tender; cool completely.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, mustard, salt, and pepper until well combined. Evenly divide ham, vegetable mixture, and 1 cup cheese among all prepared crusts. Spoon egg mixture into each crust. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, and sprinkle tops of quiche with remaining 1/2 cup cheese; return to oven, and bake for 5 minutes. Cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing.