Roasted Corn and Poblano Salad with Creamy Chipotle Dressing
Makes 4 to 6 servings
4 cups fresh corn kernels (about 8 ears)
2 poblano peppers, halved and seeded
1 red bell pepper, halved and seeded
3 tablespoons chopped green onion
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Garnish: chopped green onion
1. Preheat oven to 500°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Place corn and peppers on prepared pan. Bake 25 minutes, or until corn and peppers appear blistered; stir corn halfway through cooking time. Place peppers in a resealable plastic bag; seal, and let stand 10 minutes to loosen skins. Remove skins from peppers, and chop. Cool corn and peppers completely.
3. In a medium bowl, combine corn, peppers, and green onion.
4. In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, chipotle pepper, salt, and chili powder.
5. Combine sour cream mixture with corn mixture. Garnish with green onion, if desired. Cover, and chill.