Enjoy these Strawberry Tea Sandwiches at your next afternoon tea or weekend lunch affair.
Strawberry Tea Sandwiches
Write a review
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 24 slices thin white bread, crusts removed
- 15 sliced fresh strawberries
- Garnish: fresh baby basil leaves
- In the work bowl of a food processor, place cream cheese, mayonnaise, and salt. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Stir in basil.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto half of bread slices. Top with sliced strawberries. Cover with remaining bread slices. Cut into triangles. Cover with a damp paper towel, and store in a sealed container to keep bread from drying out. Garnish with basil, if desired.
Southern Lady Magazine http://www.southernladymagazine.com/