These delightful Chai-Spiced Acorn Cookies with Eggnog Glaze are perfect for fall.
Chai-Spiced Acorn Cookies with Eggnog Glaze
Makes 2½ dozen
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Eggnog Glaze (recipe follows)
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons toasted finely chopped pecans
- In a medium bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, and sugar with a mixer at high speed until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, allspice, and salt. Reduce mixer to low. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating to combine. Add vanilla and cream, beat to combine.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half between 2 pieces of parchment paper to ¼-inch thickness. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Using a 3-inch acorn-shaped cutter, cut as many cookies as possible, rerolling scraps as necessary until all dough is used. Place cookies onto prepared baking sheets. Bake until edges are lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool on pan for 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to let cool completely.
- Spoon approximately 1 to 2 teaspoons glaze onto each cookie; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon chopped pecans. Allow glaze to set for at least 1 hour. Store covered at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!