Make a batch of these delicious Chocolate Truffles to share with your loved ones.
Makes approximately 32
- 12 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16-ounce) package chocolate-flavored candy coating
- Garnish: crushed pistachios
- In a double boiler, combine chocolate, cream, brandy, and vanilla extract. Stir until melted and smooth. Cover, and place in refrigerator until firm enough to roll into balls, about 2 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a small 1-inch spring- loaded ice cream scoop, scoop mixture into portions. Using your hands, roll each portion into a ball. Place back in refrigerator until firm, 1 hour.
- Place candy coating in a microwave- safe bowl. Microwave on high (100% power) at 30-second intervals until melted and smooth (about 1½ minutes total). Dredge balls in candy coating to coat. Set on parchment paper to dry. Garnish immediately with crushed pistachios, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!