Chicken and Snap Pea Skewers
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- ½ cup Mint and Parsley Pesto (recipe follows), divided
- 48 sugar snap peas
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag or glass bowl. Add ¼ cup Mint and Parsley Pesto, and toss to coat well. Remove as much air as possible from the bag, seal (or cover the bowl with wrap), and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Place oven rack in second-highest position, and preheat oven to broil. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Thread chicken, snap peas, and onion layers onto 8-inch skewers, alternating as you go. Place skewers on prepared pan.
- Broil, turning halfway through, until chicken has cooked through, about 10 minutes. Let rest for 3 minutes. Serve with remaining ¼ cup Mint and Parsley Pesto drizzled over top.
Mint and Parsley Pesto
Makes ½ cup
- 1 medium clove garlic
- ¼ cup raw walnuts
- 1½ cups packed fresh parsley
- 1 cup fresh mint, packed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In the work bowl of a food processor or the container of a blender, place garlic and walnuts. Process until finely ground, about 20 seconds. Add parsley, mint, salt, and pepper. With processor running, pour oil through food chute in a slow, steady stream. Process until pesto is completely puréed and smooth, scraping down sides as needed, about 1 minute.
- Add Parmesan, and process for 1 minute to incorporate. Use immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days. The color of the pesto will darken slightly in the refrigerator, but it will still taste delicious.