Sprinkled with almond and overflowing with decadent chocolate, this Almond Roca is the perfect sweet to serve this autumn.
Write a review
- 1 cup butter
- 11/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 11/2 cups toasted sliced almonds, divided
- 11/2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- Lightly spray 3 (12-cup) mini muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until butter is melted. Add sugars, water, and corn syrup, stirring to combine well. Cook, stirring until sugar dissolves. Raise heat to medium-high. Bring mixture to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until mixture reaches 300° on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat, and stir in 1 cup toasted almonds. Working quickly, carefully spoon about 1 tablespoon sugar mixture into pre- pared muffin pans.
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate morsels and vegetable shortening. Microwave on High in 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until melted and smooth (approximately 11/2 minutes total). Spoon about 2 teaspoons chocolate mixture on top of sugar mixture, spreading chocolate to edges of muffin cup. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup almonds on top of chocolate. Let stand for 1 hour, or until chocolate is set.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/