Whether the fabulous finish to a meal or an any-time-of-day indulgence, this apple cranberry crisp is sure to hit the sweet spot. For more decadent holiday desserts, purchase a copy of our special Holidays issue.
Apple Cranberry Crisp
Write a review
- 6 large Granny Smith apples, cored and thinly sliced (about 3 1⁄2 pounds)
- 1 ( 10-ounce) bag frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon plus 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄ 2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, cranberries, and lemon juice, tossing to coat.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, corn- starch, 1⁄ 2 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add sugar mixture to apple mixture, tossing to coat. Arrange apple mixture in a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, remaining tablespoon cinnamon, and melted butter, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened and mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle oat mixture evenly on top of fruit. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/