Celebrate the cool and cozy season with this recipe.
Apple-Cream Cheese Bundt Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze
Makes 1 (15-cup) Bundt Cake
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon apple pie spice ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups diced peeled Granny Smith apples (about 2 apples)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon dark corn syrup
- 1¾ cups confectioners’ sugar
- Garnish: chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 15-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour.
- For swirl: In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add confectioners’ sugar, flour, egg, and vanilla, and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- For cake: In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, and vanilla with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk, beating just until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, apple pie spice, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until combined. Fold in apples and pecans. (Batter will be thick.) Spoon half of batter into prepared pan; spoon swirl mixture on top of batter, avoiding edges of pan. Top with remaining batter. Using a knife, pull blade back and forth through batter to swirl layers together; smooth top of batter.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- For glaze: In a small saucepan, bring brown sugar, 3 tablespoons water, butter, and corn syrup to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add confectioners’ sugar; whisk for 1 minute. Let cool for 6 minutes before drizzling over cooled cake. Garnish with pecans, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!