Classic rye whiskey, fruit-infused simple syrup, and angostura bitters combine to create delightful Apple Old-Fashioned cocktails.
Apple Old Fashioned
Makes 6 servings
- 2 cups rye whiskey
- Apple Simple Syrup (recipe follows)
- 16 dashes angostura bitters
- Garnish: dried apple slices
- In a small pitcher, stir together whiskey, Apple Simple Syrup, bitters, and ice until combined. Strain; serve over ice. Garnish with dried apple slices, if desired.
Apple Simple Syrup
Makes about ¼ cip
- ½ cup firmly packed apple peels (about 2 apples)
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- In a small saucepan, bring apple peels, brown sugar, and ½ cup water to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand for 15 minutes. Drain, discarding apple peels. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 month.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!