This Apple Slaw with Chive Dressing and Manchego Cheese is a sweet and savory blend of Granny Smith and Braeburn Apples with shredded cabbage, peppers, cheese, and a buttermilk chive dressing.
Apple Slaw with Chive Dressing and Manchego Cheese
Makes 10 to 12 servings
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 (10-ounce) bags angel hair shredded cabbage
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored, seeded, and julienned
- 2 Braeburn apples, cored, seeded, and julienned
- 4 ounces Manchego cheese, finely grated*
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk, mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, whisking until smooth; stir in chives, and jalapeño.
- In a large bowl, combine angel hair slaw, apples, and cheese. Pour buttermilk mixture over slaw mixture, tossing to combine well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*Fontina cheese can be substituted for Manchego cheese, if it is unavailable