Dress this Arugula, Endive, and Pear Salad in a garlicky vinaigrette and top with blue cheese and toasted walnuts for a crisp counterpoint to hearty fare.
Arugula, Endive, and Pear Salad
Makes 8 servings
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 heads Belgian endive, cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 red pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine minced garlic and salt. Mash together to form a paste. Add vinegar, mustard, and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil until well blended.
- In a large bowl, combine endive, arugula, and pear. Drizzle dressing over greens and pears, tossing gently. Top with cheese and walnuts.
Discover seasonal recipes, inspiring style ideas, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!