Apple pie spice, smoked paprika, and red pepper add plenty of flavor to these toothsome Autumn-Spiced Pecans!
Makes about 6 cups
- 1 pound pecan halves
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat oven to 300°. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together pecans, sugar, apple pie spice, smoked paprika, salt, and red pepper.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg white with a mixer at medium speed until foamy. Add egg white to pecan mixture, stirring until coated. Spread mixture in an even layer on prepared pan.
- Bake, stirring twice, until egg white begins to dry, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely, stirring occasionally.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!