These Autumn Wine Cocktails are a delightful fall beverage.
Autumn Wine Cocktail
Makes 4 drinks
- ¾ cup Tangerine and Cardamom Simple Syrup (recipe follows)
- 3 to 6 ounces bourbon, according to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 12 ounces red wine
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add simple syrup, bourbon, and lemon juice. Cover, and shake vigorously for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Strain into 4 chilled wine glasses. Top each glass with 3 ounces red wine, poured slowly over the back of a spoon so that wine floats on top of syrup mixture.
Tangerine and Cardamom Simple Syrup
Makes about 1 cup
- 1 tangerine, sectioned
- 2 teaspoons whole cardamom pods
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- In a small saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, strain, and let cool completely.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!