Bacon Almond Asparagus
Makes 4 servings
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Garnish: chopped fresh thyme
- In a 12-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon and let drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Add asparagus and garlic to skillet; cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 2 tablespoons water, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in thyme. Transfer asparagus to a serving platter. Top with almonds and bacon. Garnish with thyme, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!