Take classic Southern pimiento cheese and turn it into a rich, delectable dip that serves a crowd and keeps everyone coming back for more. Add a few extra drops of hot sauce to give it a zing that pairs well with pita chips or chilled fresh vegetables.
Baked Pimiento Cheese Dip
Makes 10 servings
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 (4-ounce) jars pimientos, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) package sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (8-ounce) package Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, grated
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables, to serve
- Pita chips, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse cream cheese until smooth. Add mayonnaise, pulsing to combine. Add roasted red peppers and pimientos, pulsing until coarsely chopped. Add Cheddar and Jack cheeses, hot sauce, Worcestershire, salt, sugar, and ground red pepper; pulse just until combined. Spoon mixture into prepared dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned. Serve warm with vegetables and pita chips.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!