Enjoy this hearty dish as an appetizer or as part of the main meal. This Barbecue Chicken Dip bubbles with two kinds of cheese and is perfectly complemented with crisp tortilla chips.
Barbecue Chicken Dip
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- 6 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can whole kernel yellow corn with red and green bell peppers, drained*
- ½ cup finely chopped green onion
- 2½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2½ cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1½ cups hickory-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, black beans, corn, green onion, 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, and 2 cups Cheddar cheese.
- In a separate bowl, combine barbecue sauce, sour cream, salt, red pepper, and black pepper; stir to mix well. Combine chicken mixture and barbecue sauce mixture, stirring to mix well. Spoon mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips.
- *For testing purposes, we used Green Giant Mexicorn.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/