This delicious Beef Tenderloin Medallions with Madeira Sauce is a special treat. Serve it with Parmesan-Chive Scalloped Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Apple.
Beef Tenderloin Medallions with Madeira Sauce
Makes 6 Servings
Write a review
- 2 1/2 pounds trimmed beef tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Madeira wine
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into 3 pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Rub tenderloin with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook tenderloin in skillet for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer skillet to oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the tenderloin registers 135° or desired degree of doneness.
- Remove tenderloin from skillet, and place on a cutting board. Allow meat to rest for 15 minutes before cutting into 6 equal portions.
- In a medium saucepan, combine Madeira and shallot. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until Madeira has reduced to approximately 1/4 cup. Reduce heat to low. Add butter, stirring to melt. Serve sauce with tenderloin.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/