Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, fresh oregano, lemon juice, and garlic infuse plenty of flavor into a porterhouse steak to create a mouthwatering Dal Bistecca all Fiorentina.
Bistecca alla Fiorentina
Makes 2 servings
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (2-pound) porterhouse steak
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar,
- tablespoons oil, oregano, lemon juice, and garlic. Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag; add marinade, and seal bag. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a small bowl, stir together salt and pepper. Rub steak with salt-and-pepper mixture.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add steak; cook for 4 minutes per side. Transfer to oven.
- Bake until a meat thermometer inserted in center registers 120°, 10 to 15 minutes.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!