You’ll get rave reviews for these flaky Black Pepper Biscuits! They’ll be so popular you might want to consider making an extra batch for friends and family to snack on over the Christmas interlude.
Black Pepper Biscuits
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1½ cups whole buttermilk, divided
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Gradually add 1¼ cups buttermilk, stirring just until combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, turn out dough, and knead gently 5 times; press into a ½-inch-thick round. Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut dough, rerolling once. Place biscuits side by side on prepared baking sheet. Brush biscuits with remaining ¼ cup buttermilk, and sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake until golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!