Write a review
- 8 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup all-purpose baking mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a medium bowl, combine blackberries and lemon juice, tossing to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine ½ cup sugar and cornstarch. Add sugar mixture to blackberry mixture, tossing to coat. Spoon blackberry mixture into a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine baking mix and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut cream cheese into baking mix until crumbly. Stir in milk. Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto tops of blackberries. Brush tops with melted butter, and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Loosely cover with aluminum foil, and continue baking for 30 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/