Sparkling water, blackberries, and limes blend to create a refreshing limeade.
Makes about 1½ Quarts
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Lime Simple Syrup (recipe follows), divided
- 1½ cups sparkling water, chilled
- 1 cup fresh lime juice, chilled
- Garnish: lime slices, fresh blackberries
- In a medium bowl, combine blackberries and sugar. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- In the container of a blender, blend blackberry mixture until smooth. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, discarding solids.
- In a gallon-size pitcher, stir together 1½ cups Lime Simple Syrup, sparkling water, and lime juice. Add blackberry mixture, stirring to combine. Taste, and add remaining ¼ cup Lime Simple Syrup, if desired. Serve over ice. Garnish with lime slices and blackberries, if desired.
Lime Simple Syrup
- 1½ cups water
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1½ cups water, sugar, and zest to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool completely.
- Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into an airtight container. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!