Beat the seasonal heat with a delightful Blackberry-Tarragon Cooler.
Makes 4 Servings
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- ½ cup fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 1 cup gin
- 1 cup tonic water
- 8 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: fresh blackberries, lemon slices, fresh tarragon leaves
- Place 4 serving glasses in refrigerator to chill.
- In a small saucepan, stir together sugar and ½ cup water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until mixture has reduced to ½ cup, about 5 minutes. Pour into a small measuring cup. Let cool completely.
- For each serving, place ½ cup blackberries and 2 tablespoons tarragon into a cocktail shaker; muddle until combined. (If you don’t have a cocktail muddler, you can use the handle of a wooden spoon.) Add ½ cup crushed ice, ¼ cup gin, ¼ cup tonic water, 2 tablespoons simple syrup, and 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Cover and shake well. Strain over ice into a chilled serving glass. Garnish with blackberries, lemon slices, and tarragon, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!