Topped with a sweet-and-spicy pineapple relish, blackened grouper makes the perfect main course for summer menus.
Blackened Grouper with Pineapple Relish
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- ¼ cup smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 6 to 8 (6-ounce) grouper fillets
- Pineapple Relish (recipe follows)
- In a small bowl, stir together paprika, thyme, garlic salt, onion powder, mustard, and red pepper. In a shallow dish, pour melted butter. Dip fish in melted butter; sprinkle with paprika mixture.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish, in batches if necessary, and cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Serve with Pineapple Relish.
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- ⅓ cup minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!