You’l love our fresh take on an old classic. Complex citrus notes, mascarpone cheese, coffee liqueur, and cinnamon make an irresistible Blood Orange Tiramisu!
Blood Orange Tiramisu
Makes 4 servings
- 2 large egg yolks
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon blood orange zest
- ⅔ cup strong-brewed coffee
- ⅓ cup fresh blood orange juice
- 12 ladyfingers*
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Garnish: chocolate curls, blood orange zest
- In the top of a double boiler, whisk together egg yolks and sugar. Cook over simmering water for 8 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and transfer to a large bowl. With a mixer at medium speed, beat yolk mixture until thick and lemon-colored. Add mascarpone, and beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, using clean beaters, beat cream, coffee liqueur, and zest with a mixer at medium speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream into yolk mixture until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine coffee and orange juice. Dip ladyfingers in coffee mixture.
- In 4 (8-ounce) serving bowls or ramekins, layer 1½ ladyfingers in bottom of each dish (some pieces may have to be broken to fit). Top each with ¼ cup cream mixture. Repeat layers with remaining 6 ladyfingers and 1 cup cream mixture. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine cocoa and cinnamon. Dust top of tiramisu with cocoa mixture before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls and zest, if desired.
*We used Alessi Biscotti Savoiardi.