BLT Chicken Salad Stuffed Tomatoes
Write a review
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2 (1-pound) containers small Campari tomatoes (about 30 tomatoes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Garnish: finely shredded green leaf lettuce, cooked crumbled bacon
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, bacon, mayonnaise, celery, green onion, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cover and chill.
- Using a serrated knife, cut a thin slice off bottom of tomatoes to create a level base. Cut tops from tomatoes. Using a melon baller, remove pulp, leaving shells intact. Turn tomatoes upside down on paper towels to drain for 10 minutes. Season inside of tomato shells with salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Spoon chicken salad into each tomato shell. Garnish with lettuce and bacon, if desired.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/