Serve this mouthwatering dessert at your next family supper with a generous scoop of ice cream.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 fresh apricots, halved
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- ¾ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ whole milk
- Preheat oven to 375°. Pour melted butter into a 10-inch enamel-coated cast-iron skillet.
- In a medium bowl, toss together blueberries, apricots, ¼ cup sugar, lemon zest and juice, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining ¾ cup sugar. Whisk in milk until smooth. Pour mixture over melted butter in skillet. Arrange fruit over batter, placing apricots cut side up.
- Bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!