This Blueberry Pie is a a crowd pleasing seasonal treat!
Makes 1 (9-inch) pie
- ½ (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated piecrust (1 crust)
- 1⅓ cups fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup whole buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll piecrust into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate; press into bottom and up sides of plate. Fold edges under, and crimp as desired. Top with a piece of parchment paper, letting ends extend over edges of plate. Add pie weights.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove weights and let cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- Place blueberries in bottom of cooled crust. In a large bowl, whisk together butter, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Butter should still be in small chunks.
- In a separate bowl, stir together sugar, flour, zest, and salt. Gradually add sugar mixture to buttermilk mixture, stirring to combine. Pour batter over blueberries.
- Bake until center is set, approximately 50 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.