Fragrant cinnamon and a light dusting of confectioners’ sugar make this Blueberry Streusel Muffin Round a delectable treat any time of the day.
Blueberry Streusel Muffin Round
Makes 1 (9-inch) round
- 1½ cups plus ⅓ cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh blueberries, divided
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment and spray edges with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk 1½ cups flour, ¾ cup granulated sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until combined. In a small liquid measuring cup whisk oil, egg, and milk until combined. Pour oil mixture into flour mixture, folding until combined. Fold in 1 cup blueberries. Spread batter into prepared pan. Top batter with remaining 2 tablespoons blueberries.
- In a small bowl, mix together remaining ⅓ cup flour, remaining ½ cup granulated sugar, and remaining ½ teaspoon cinnamon; stir in melted butter with a fork. Sprinkle over bread.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan; let cool completely on a wire rack. Garnish with confectioners’ sugar, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!