This warm and flavorful cider sipper pairs well with a slice of Tarte Tatin.
Makes about 2 quarts
- 5 (12-ounce) bottles hard apple cider*
- 1 cup bourbon
- 4 (¼-inch-thick) slices peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 mandarin oranges, halved
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 small Gala apple, sliced
- Garnish: dried apple slices
- In a small Dutch oven, stir together cider, bourbon, ginger, and brown sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add oranges, cinnamon sticks, and apple slices; bring to a simmer over medium heat. (Do not boil.) Reduce heat; simmer for 30 minutes. Garnish with dried apple slices, if desired.
*We used Stella Artois Cidre.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!