This Salmon with Bourbon-Pecan Glaze is a light and filling entree.
Salmon with Bourbon-Pecan Glaze
Makes 2 servings
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over salmon.
- In a large oven-safe pan, heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat until melted. Add salmon, and cook until browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn fish over. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine bourbon and brown sugar, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil until sugar dissolves, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in pecans and remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- Spoon pecan mixture evenly over browned salmon fillets, and place pan in oven. Bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, 8 to 10 minutes.
Want more of our great recipes and ideas for summer entertaining? Get your copy of the July/August issue today!