There’s nothing finer than vanilla ice cream scooped over bubbling peach cobbler!
Brown Butter Peach Cobbler
Makes 8 servings
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups peeled, sliced peaches
- ¾ cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup toasted pecans, finely ground
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until butter is browned and has a nutty aroma. Remove from heat, and pour into the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, ¼ cup sugar, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together remaining ½ cup sugar, flour, finely ground pecans, baking powder, and salt. Whisk in buttermilk, mixing until well combined. Pour batter over butter in baking dish. Spoon peach mixture over batter. Do not stir. Sprinkle top with chopped pecans and turbinado sugar.
- Bake until center is set, approximately 45 minutes.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!