These Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Apple are a savory side dish perfect for any time of the year.
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Apple
Makes 6 servings
Write a review
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 large Braeburn apple
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Trim ends of Brussels sprouts, and finely slice. Rinse Brussels sprouts in a colander, and pat dry.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until crispy. Place bacon on paper towels to drain. Crumble bacon. Drain grease from pan, reserving 3 tablespoons.
- Core apple, and slice into bite-size pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Heat reserved bacon grease in skillet over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until they begin to brown slightly, stirring often. Add apple to skillet, stirring to combine; cook for 1 minute. Pour brown-sugar mixture over sprouts mixture. Cook for 1 minute or until sugar has dissolved, stirring often. Add bacon, stirring to combine.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/