Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Pecans
Makes about 8 servings
- 3 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Remove discolored leaves from Brussels sprouts. Cut off stem ends, and halve lengthwise.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon, and let drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Add Brussels sprouts, bell pepper, and onion. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add ⅓ cup water, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in pecans, mustard, and vinegar.
- Spoon into a serving bowl. Crumble bacon; sprinkle bacon and parsley over Brussels sprouts just before serving.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!