This Butternut Squash and Farro Salad is colorful and delicious.
Butternut Squash-Farro Salad
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1 cup water
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ½ cup farro
- 4 cups diced butternut squash
- 2½ tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (5-ounce) bag fresh baby arugula
- ½ cup diced red onion, rinsed
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup water and ½ teaspoon salt to a boil over medium-high heat. Add farro; cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until all water is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, stir together butternut squash, 1½ tablespoons oil, ¾ teaspoon salt, and pepper. Spread in an even layer on prepared pan.
- Bake until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, stir together squash, farro, arugula, onion, blue cheese, pomegranate arils, lemon juice, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Serve immediately.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!