These petite Butterscotch-Gingersnap Tarts taste like autumn’s rich flavors.
Makes 6 tarts
- 48 gingersnap cookies*, finely ground
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box butterscotch instant pudding and pie mix
- 2 cups cold whole milk
- ½ cup frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed
- Buttered Pecans (recipe follows)
- Spray 6 (4-inch) tart pans with removable bottoms with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground gingersnap cookies, 8 tablespoons melted butter, and sugar until moistened. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter if needed. Divide cookie mixture among tart pans, pressing with the back of a spoon or bottom of a plastic cup. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat pudding mix and cold milk with a whisk for 2 minutes. Gently whisk in whipped topping. Spoon pudding into prepared gingersnap crusts. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with Buttered Pecans.
*We used Nabisco Gingersnap Cookies.
Makes ½ cup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add pecans; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally. Spoon pecans onto a paper towel; sprinkle with salt.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!