These Candied Spiced Pecans are a special treat during the Yuletide season.
Candied Spiced Pecans
Makes 8 cups
Write a review
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 250°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-low heat until butter melts. Add brown sugar, cream, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves, stirring to combine well. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Stir in pecans. Spread pecans in an even layer onto prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring at 10-minute intervals. Let cool completely on pan, and store in an airtight container.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/