Our sweet and icy Cantaloupe Ginger Granita is the perfect end note for any summer menu.
Cantaloupe Ginger Granita
Makes 8 servings
- 6 cups cubed fresh cantaloupe
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1½ tablespoons ginger juice*
- 1 cup cold sparkling apple cider
- Garnish: fresh mint leaves
- In the container of a blender, pulse cantaloupe until smooth. Whisk in honey and ginger juice. Gently stir cider into cantaloupe mixture, being careful not to overmix. Pour mixture into a 13×9-inch metal baking pan. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Using a fork, stir icy portions into center of pan every 20 minutes for 1½ hours. Using same fork, scrape mixture into flaky crystals. Cover mixture with plastic wrap, and freeze for up to 3 days. To serve, scrape granita into cups. Garnish with mint, if desired.
*We used the Ginger People Organic Ginger Juice.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!