This Carrot-Bell Pepper Soup is delicious during the harvest season!
Carrot-Bell Pepper Soup
Makes 8 cups
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 (32-ounce) carton vegetable broth
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Garnish: plain yogurt, shelled roasted salted pistachios, ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine carrots, garlic, ginger, and broth. Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, covered, until carrots are just tender, about 30 minutes. Add bell pepper; cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to the container of a blender, and process until smooth. (If you want a thinner soup, add more broth.) Return mixture to saucepan; add cream, butter, and salt. Cook over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Garnish with yogurt, pistachios, and pepper, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!