These Carrot Cake Bars are perfect for sharing!
Carrot Cake Bars
Makes 2 dozen
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 2 cups finely shredded carrot
- 1½ cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- Cream Cheese Icing (recipe follows)
- Garnish: chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in carrot, pecans, and pineapple until well combined. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack. Cut into squares. Drizzle with Cream Cheese Icing. Garnish with pecans if desired. Store in refrigerator.
Cream Cheese Icing
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup whole milk
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar. Beat at medium-low speed with a mixer until smooth. Beat in milk.
Don’t miss our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and seasonally themed special issues! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!