Make this creative Carrot Slaw to your upcoming casual get-togethers and seasonal potlucks.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1½ pounds orange carrots, grated
- 1 pound yellow carrots, grated
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- ½ cup distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, combine carrots, green onion, bell pepper, and mustard seed.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk until sugar dissolves. Gradually whisk in oil until well blended. Add vinegar mixture to carrot mixture, stirring to combine well. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Don’t miss our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and seasonally themed special issues! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!