Kentucky Derby Pie Bars
Write a review
- 3 cups graham-cracker crumbs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup dark corn syrup
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (12-ounce) bag mini semisweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Spray foil with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- In a medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and egg white, stirring until well combined. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes; let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar and corn syrups. Add melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and salt, whisking until well combined. Stir in pecans and chocolate morsels; spoon mixture over prepared crust. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until middle is set.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/