A classic Christmas refreshment, this chai egg nog serves as the perfect holiday drink.
Chai Egg Nog Punch
Write a review
- 12 cups whole milk
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 cups bourbon
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- Garnish: whipped cream, ground nutmeg
- In a large Dutch oven, combine milk, sugar, eggs, and egg yolks over medium- low heat, whisking until smooth. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat.
- Strain milk mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a 1-gallon pitcher. Stir in bourbon, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cardamom, cloves, and salt. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, and up to 2 days. Garnish with whipped cream and nutmeg, if desired.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/