Cheddar Cheese Biscuit Loaf
Makes 1 (9×5-inch) loaf
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1¼ cups whole milk
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Butter, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with oil.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, garlic salt, onion powder, and peppers. Fold in cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, sour cream, melted butter, and egg. Fold milk mixture into flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing top with an of set spatula.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool for 1 hour more on a wire rack. Slice and serve with butter.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!