These petite Cheesecake Bars are decadent delight and topped with Sugared Rose Petals.
Makes 1 (13x9-inch) pan
- 2½ cups crushed cinnamon graham crackers
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- Garnish: Sugared Rose Petals (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Spray with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together crushed graham crackers, butter, and salt until combined. Firmly press crumb mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Bake until golden brown, approximately 12 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool completely. Reduce oven temperature to 275°.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add flour, beating to combine. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream, milk, and vanilla extract, beating until smooth. Pour batter over cooled crust.
- Bake until center is set, approximately 45 minutes. Turn off oven. Let cool in oven for 45 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, heat cream just to a boil. Remove from heat, and stir in chocolate until melted and smooth. Let cool for 15 minutes. Pour over cheesecake. Refrigerate until cooled and set, at least 4 hours.
- To serve, cut into squares, and garnish with Sugared Rose Petals, if desired.
Sugared Rose Petals
Makes 2 Cups
- 2 teaspoons egg white powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups organic rose petals
- 1 cup sugar
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg white powder and water until smooth. Using a paint brush, brush egg white mixture evenly onto rose petals. Dip petals into sugar to coat.
- Place sugared petals on a piece of parchment paper. Let dry overnight before using. (Can be made up to 4 days in advance; store in an airtight container at room temperature.)