White Cheddar, fresh spinach and parsley, grape tomatoes, and green onions enliven this fluffy egg scramble.
Cheesy Egg Scramble with Tomato and Spinach
MAKES 4 TO 6 SERVINGS
- 12 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onion
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup shredded white sharp Cheddar cheese
- Garnish: fresh parsley, freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, salt, and pepper. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. When butter begins to bubble, add spinach, tomatoes, green onion, and garlic powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach is wilted and tomatoes are warmed through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from pan and wipe skillet clean.
- In same skillet, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. When butter begins to bubble, add egg mixture. Cook, using a wooded spoon to scrape egg curds towards center, until eggs are soft set, about 5 to 7 minutes. Gently fold in cheese. When cheese is just melted, gently fold spinach mixture into egg mixture. Garnish with parsley and pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!