In a crisp graham cracker crust, toasted almonds top vanilla ice cream swirled with tart cherry sauce for a Cherry-Almond Ice Cream Pie party guests will adore.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ cup ground toasted almonds
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 cups finely chopped pitted fresh or thawed frozen cherries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1½ quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Garnish: sliced toasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cracker crumbs, ground almonds, ¼ cup sugar, and cinnamon; stir in melted butter until combined. Firmly press graham cracker mixture into bottom and up sides of prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a medium saucepan, cook cherries and remaining ¾ cup sugar over low heat, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water until smooth; stir into cherries. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, stir together ice cream and extract; fold ¼ cup cherry sauce into ice cream. Spread into crust. Freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
- Just before serving, drizzle ¼ cup cherry sauce on top of pie. Garnish with almonds, if desired. Serve with remaining cherry sauce.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!