Chicken and Orzo Soup with Rosemary
Write a review
- 4 quarts chicken broth
- 4 large bone-in skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (1-pound) package carrots, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) package orzo pasta
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: fresh rosemary
- In a large Dutch oven or stockpot, combine chicken broth and chicken breasts. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat, and simmer, covered, for 1 hour, or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from broth. Let cool slightly; remove and discard bones. Shred chicken into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- Add carrots, celery, and onion to Dutch oven. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Add orzo; cook for 10 minutes. Add reserved chicken, lemon juice, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, stirring to combine. Garnish with fresh rosemary, if desired.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/